The purpose of this site
This site is not authored by anyone with direct access to confidential information.
Rather, its purpose is to present to the public information that has been released, and to examine
that information in a clear, balanced and intelligent light.
The background of the information
The information began to be released on 2 November 2005 by a retired senior
official within the US Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) who calls himself "Anonymous".
Until he chooses to make his name known, this is
the way he will be represented here. Anonymous reports that he is not acting
individually and is part of a group of six DIA personnel working together
as an alliance: three current and three former employees. He is their chief
Up to and including 21 December, the information was released in installments
on a private UFO e-mail list moderated by Victor Martinez. The list at that
time contained about a hundred and fifty people, including many extremely
well-known names in UFO research and related or leading edge scientific fields.
Until permissions are granted, their names will be withheld out of courtesy
and to respect confidentiality.
Those on the list have differing views regarding the veracity of Anonymous’ claims. However, the pedigree of the list as a whole is important to emphasize.
There has been a substantial amount of intelligent discussion about the revelations,
and it is important to state that there are many senior people in the US Intelligence
and Military community who are taking this information very seriously. It
may now be time to release this information to a wider audience, in close
approximation to the format in which it was originally made available.
After 21 December, there was a long gap in the postings and many concluded
that Anonymous had gone to ground or stopped his disclosures completely. There
was no communication from him of any kind. Finally, on 24 January, information
was received by Bill Ryan, the author of this website, which was not initially
sent to Victor Martinez. Subsequent information was also received by Bill
Ryan and posted to this website accordingly.
When sending information to Victor Martinez,
Anonymous wrote 85% of the material; another 13% came from another source directly
connected with the project; and the final 1-2% came from a "ghost," who
canceled his e-mail account as soon as he sent his information. It is not yet known whether this
pattern will continue.
The contents of this site
1) Information released by Anonymous , exactly as originally posted. Some comments in [square brackets] were added by the moderator, Victor Martinez, and have been retained. One or two further comments, where clarification is helpful, have been added by this author. Uncorrected typos have also been retained. Martinez, however, corrected many typos and grammatical errors before posting, and states that he has done some "cutting and pasting" of the information supplied directly to him by Anonymous and the other sources; therefore the information is not exactly as originally written. Whenever more information becomes available, this section is fully updated. Nothing is omitted.
2) Comments on this information by others on the list. These have been edited and abbreviated, and at the time of writing are anonymous on this website unless permission to name the correspondent has been given. The purpose of these comments is to prompt independent thought. There is no purpose to highlight the views of any individual. This site is about data, not personalities.
3) Questions and answers . Some questions are presented which may not yet have full answers. As answers (or more questions) present themselves, this section will also be updated.
4) Consistencies : Circumstantial reasons why the released information may be true. Not proof, but reasons to support the account which some may consider to be compelling.
Logically there are four possibilities:
1) Anonymous is a prankster and the reported data is either all invented or culled from other sources and added to a wild novelistic story.
2) Anonymous is operating to a planned agenda and the information is deliberately distorted, but contains a core of extraordinary truth.
3) Anonymous is doing his best to report data from an indirect source (personal notes, his own short or long term memory, or another person), but accidental errors, omissions and additions have occurred.
4) Anonymous is reporting everything faithfully and accurately as best as he can present it.
Only possibility (1) means everything should be rejected. The other three necessarily mean that the reports deserve close attention.
A statement from the author of this site
It is recognized that readers may have widely differing views about the veracity of the claims. More information is forthcoming every few days and readers are encouraged to suspend disbelief pending the ongoing release of further data. There are some serious and clear scientific anomalies regarding the apparent violation of known physical laws. Anonymous and his colleagues have attempted to answer all questions posed so far.
There are at once persuasive reasons to dismiss the data - and persuasive reasons to evaluate it very carefully indeed before rushing to judgment. The personal opinion of the author is that even if it may be considered unclear whether the account is totally accurate, it is of such extraordinary potential importance that it deserves a fair hearing in its entirety. Many on the list believe there is a significant probability that the information is founded in truth, and a number claim to have heard reference to (or in some cases considerable detail about) this project before. Therefore, based on compelling evidence that there is something currently occurring which may be of considerable importance, this website attempts to perform a public service.
If this extraordinary story is true, the twelve exchangees who visited Serpo - eight of whom returned - are among the greatest unsung heroes of our generation.
The author of this site is Bill Ryan. He was trained in Mathematics with Physics and Psychology (Bristol University, 1974), followed by a brief stint in teaching. For the last 27 years he has been a management consultant, specializing in personal and team development, leadership training and executive coaching. Major long-term clients have included BAe (Systems) Ltd (formerly British Aerospace), Hewlett-Packard, and PricewaterhouseCoopers. He is not and never has been connected with or a member of the military, government, or any formal UFO groups. This information is shared in the spirit that the best place to hide is out in the open.